Now this rumor is such a shocker, even though we all have to admit Square Enix is solely wasting their time on this rather than focusing on — well, gee what else? — Final Fantasy Versus XIII or the fabled Final Fantasy VII Remake, which is what everyone
In any case, here are some details c/o a translated Spanish gaming website. Again, it’s too good to be true:
- Use the same engine that Final Fantasy XIII and adapted to PSVita.
- All that is made from scratch with the new engine is the design of the characters, the aeons and stage elements.
- The sets and scenes in HD remasters CGI will implement a “filter” FFXIII Engine.
- The magic and some lighting effects are achieved with the new engine “Luminous”.
- The Blitzball undergo small changes.
- Online options will include (not yet known details).
- The release date in Japan in fiscal 2012.
- That’s all the details we could learn from PSTime, soon we will offer new information.
Thoughts? Wild speculation? Fire it up, umm… ya.